Almond Crusted Baked Cod
Adapted from Eat Happy by Anna Vocino
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 minced shallot or ½ cup diced onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp diced chives
1 cup almond flour
2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
1 egg yolk
1 tsp lemon zest or lemon juice
1 pound cod fillets
pepper for seasoning, optional
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- In a sauté or frying pan, heat the olive oil.
- Sauté the shallot or onion, garlic and chives.
- Pour in the almond flour. Stir well. Cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool on a dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, egg yolk, lemon.
- Brush the mayo mixture onto the cod fillets.
- Dip each cod fillet into the flour mixture evenly coating and breading each fillet.
- Place the cod fillets on a baking sheet. OPTIONAL: If available, put a oiled wire rack over the baking sheet and place the cod on that to allow them to cook evenly.
- Bake 20 minutes or until fillets are cooked through. If the fillets are thin, start with 12-15 minutes then add time as needed.