1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 large red bell pepper, sliced
1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 large (about 2 cups) red or yellow onion, sliced
1 tablespoon lime juice
8 corn tortillas, warmed
Optional: Lime wedges, cilantro, avocado, and pico de gallo for each serving
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. Mix together oil, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder in a bowl.
4. Cut the chicken into strips and coat with the spice mixture.
5. Add the sliced peppers and onions to the mixture. Stir to combine.
6. Spread the chicken and vegetables on the baking sheet in an even layer.
7. Cook for 15 minutes.
8. Turn the broiler to high and broil until the chicken is cooked through.
9. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with lime juice.
10. Serve the chicken and vegetables in warmed tortillas.
Serving Size: 2 tortillas
350 calories, 30g protein, 40g carbohydrates, 12g fat (more with optional avocado)
Click here for more heart healthy recipes.