Maple Glazed Salmon Fillet with Rice & Green Beans
2 skinned salmon fillets
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon coconut aminos (a lower sodium substitute for soy sauce)
1 teaspoon ginger
1 tablespoon olive oil (or your favorite cooking oil)
2 servings brown or wild rice, cooked
2 servings steamed green beans
- Combine the maple syrup, lemon juice, coconut aminos, garlic, and ginger and mix thoroughly.
- Lay the salmon fillets in a dish with sides. Pour the marinade over the salmon and let the dish sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the marinade to soak into the fish.
- Place the fillets in a hot frying pan that has been heated with the oil (be careful not to splash yourself with hot oil).
- Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Flip the fillets. Cook for another 3-5 minutes until the fish is cooked to your preference.
- Serve the fillets over cooked rice with a side of steamed green beans (or a green side salad).
This can also be cooked on the grill – just omit the oil and use aluminum foil sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.