A great make ahead to eat and have for leftovers!
1 lb. 93% lean ground meat or turkey meat or chicken meat
¼ cup water
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 thinly sliced onion
1 red pepper thin sliced
1 cup fresh spinach
1 cup cremini mushrooms, diced
¼ cup mild green chilis (optional)
¼ cup red salsa
1 cup low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, break up the meat into small bits and brown well. When well done, drain off the fat and place back into the pan.
- Sprinkle meat with chili powder, garlic and onion powders then add the water. Stir well. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, sauté the onion and pepper until they are soft. Add in the chili’s, mushrooms, salsa, and spinach. Stir well.
- Spread the meat at the bottom of an 8×8 casserole dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Cover the meat with ½ the cheese. Top with the vegetable mix and spread evenly. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove and let it cool for 10 minutes to firm up before serving.