Tomato Basil Bruschetta￼
Low sodium, low fat
½ baguette, cut into ½ inch thick slices
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 cloves minced garlic
3 tomatoes, diced (take seeds out if desired)
1 tsp olive oil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread out the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and pepper in a small glass bowl.
- Add in the tomatoes and herbs. Gently mix.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the toasted bread. Heat for 1 minute, if desired; or serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 slice; carbs 26g, sodium 123mg, total fat 2g, fiber 4g
Source: adapted from Mayo Clinic recipes